Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas and New Years...

This year was our first year to get a family picture in front of the tree on Christmas Eve. We usually pose the boys for a picture but this year my parents joined us. It was our first year having guest and we loved it!

Thanks for spending Christmas with us! We love you!!!
My brother was going to join us but he got really sick Christmas Eve. We received the best surprise when the door bell rang Christmas morning and there was Rick!!! Thanks Rick for coming! He helped us break the Wii in!
Later Christmas day we went up to Brett and Julies for more fun. Here is Staci and Jason adding grey beads to our Ohio State necklaces Staci made for all of us. Thanks Staci! We LOVE them!
After a delicious meal we gathered to exchange and open gifts. Justin filled Brett's sweatshirt with balls. We all had a good laugh at Brett's' new figure.

Jason got some new Ohio State gear. He wears them everyday around the house!



I received a beautiful picture of the temple where we were sealed. I had never seen the quote before and I think it's one of my favorites now.
Later that night we played a new game my sister gave us. It was a fun day!


A few days after Christmas we went to see my Grandma Puckett. She is so wonderful! It's always so fun to be in her home. We love you Grandma!



Happy New Year!! We hosted the party this year and had a great time.




There was lots of delicious food everyone contributed to...

Fun for all... Don't you love her new glasses!

We played bingo with white elephant gifts. It was so much fun! The first gift I opened was a wish bone from a turkey from Thanksgiving. Everyone was very creative.

2008 was a great year filled with many special memories and good times. Thank you for touching our lives and adding to the many blessings we received!

Here's to the New Year!!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

How fun! Seriously, everyone looked so happy. Good times with loved ones! Thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

Wow! Lots of fun with lots of loved ones. Perfect.

ansons said...

Fun updates and a cute new blog. Hope you are having a great day!

smartquacker said...

HOW FUN!!! Thanks for sharing it was so great to talk to you on the phone the other day.

Tina said...

Everyone's been missing you Amy. Look at all your comments. Maybe I should stop blogging and have people miss me and then they would actually comment on my life..... hm... something to think about!!
I'm so glad Rick and Mom and Dad got to come over for Christmas. I think it's my turn to have them over to my house next year... what do you think? Road trip anyone?!?1

Miner Notes. said...

Wow!! What fun you guys must have had during the holidays. You posted great pictures. Your boys are adorable and I love the Christmas Eve pictures in front of the tree. I wish we would have taken one. That is great that you got to celebrate with so many friends and family. Callie