Sunday, September 21, 2008

First day of 3rd Grade!!!

Better late than never.... Here we go on our catch up of all the blogging that I need to do.
(August 18th was the first day of school for Joshua.)
Joshua was so excited for his first day of school. We got to school to find out he was in the wrong class. After the mix up was fixed we met his new teacher, Mrs. Gallegos. She is awesome! He came home that day with exciting things to tell about. This was going to be his best year yet!!

Nathanael was sad he wasn't starting the same day but was excited for his brother!

My handsome 3rd grader!!

We got to school along with all the other students and parents and walked Joshua in. We were met by the school mascot. It was so exciting for the boys. We've never had a mascot before.

At the entrance of the school they had an archway of balloons. The teachers lined each side of the walk cheering for the students as they entered the front doors. They handed each child a pencil with the school name on it. It actually made me emotional that they would go to that much effort to make the students feel so welcome coming back to school. I'll never forget that! We entered the building to a delicious smell of something wonderful baking in the kitchen.

It was a fun day.
After school we ran a few errands and had a special dinner at McDonald's. There's nothing like a happy meal and a TOY, not to mention a star wars toy!


Our first day of school tradition is to go to Maggie Moo's for a treat after school. So of course we went!!! Julie and Justin joined us for the tradition. (Don't you love Nathanael's blue mustache?)

It was a good day!

(And that was over a month ago...)

12 comments:

mamasuisse said...

Yay, an update! It's fun to see pictures of you and your boys. They look so big. Hopefully, school is going well for both of them. Your hair looks cute - did you cut it?

Suzy said...

What a fun school! Josh is such a cute boy and so well behaved. I have just loved having him in scouts!

Angela said...

Hi Amy!
I am trying to get into this whole blogging thing and be as good as you! :) What a fun first day of school. I will have to think of fun traditions to start like that. Thanks for the voicemail the other day. You are great!!!

BROWNCON said...

Hi Amy,
You and te boys look great and all sound happy. That school sounds cool I wish my boys school started off like that. How has decorating your house been? Hope life keepings going good.

Tina said...

Happy first day of 3rd grade..... a month ago Joshua!! He is a very handsome 3rd grader for sure!! I can't wait to see more updates. Where are the pictures from Nathanael's first day of school?
I loved the mascot part. I'm sure your boys went crazy!!

Sarah said...

Amy,

It's Sarah Gillis here...from SLC 2nd ward. Found you off of Anson's blog. we are at bengillisfamily.blogspot.com

Monica said...

Amy, I blog now...email me so I can send you another invite. I don't know if you got the first one I sent a couple weeks ago!
Love, Monica

Lynsie said...

Hey Amy this is Lynsie Smith!
I didn't know you were a blogger! I need your email address so I can invite you to my blog! my email is lhsmith11@gmail.com

makana said...

love the update and yoru new haircut! How do you like it? It looks great on you. What an amazing first day of school. A mascot and an archway and then McDonalds! I want to start third grade now.

xantogal said...

Oh how I miss you! I'm glad your boys like school and you're happy where you are :) We will SO get together very soon and play!! Love you

Suzy said...

I need to sign Joshua's book. Sorry I've been so flighty!

Miner Notes. said...

Wow! First day of school looks like a lot of fun for your boys! You gave me some good ideas for when it is Zoe's time. Thanks for the update.