Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our garden


Jason is superman!! He totally rocks! He worked so hard yesterday helping me get our garden in! I have wanted to do this for several weeks and it never worked into our schedule until yesterday. After 4 bags of garden bloom (that had 6 kinds of compost), 1- 3.5 cubic feet bag of vermiculite and 1 yard of top soil we have a beautiful 8 foot by 4 foot garden with rich soil to plant in. Jase put the wheel barrow together while I went and got all the dirt. It took two trips. Jason built the box and we worked to soak the lawn so that we could take the grass out. After building, mixing, shoveling the dirt in and transplanting grass we were done. We finished at 10 pm last night. I am going to plant tomorrow and can't wait! I borrowed a book from my friend Susan on square foot gardening and loved it! It came recommended from another friend Keri. Thanks you two!
It was a lot of work but I know that the peace of mind will be well worth it!

2 comments:

Tina said...

What are you going to plant first? What a great planning family you are. Always doing what the prophets have asked us to do!
I think it is such a cute little garden so far. You better post pictures of the first bud of fruit or veggies that grow. Way to go!!

Suzy said...

Very cool. What all did you grow?