Schools out and this is what we've been up to!

Lizzie got her summer cut and we went to her final 'puppy' appointment. She's now good for a year. It sure felt like a new born keeping up on immunizations! HA!
I started piano lessons with the boys again. They are doing such a great job! I have 2 other students! They are doing amazing too!
We have scouts once a week. It's been hard to remember Joshua's. We always seem to be gone or busy doing something.

We started a summer reading group on Wednesdays. It has been fun. We have a different group every week.

(Not sure why this is tipped...I tried to turn it this time and I guess it didn't work. :) )
This is what we are reading.

Nathanael is trying baseball for the first time and is loving it! He is a pirate! At their first game he hit an infield home run!!! He was so excited! The week before he'd been SUPER nervous about playing in his first game. I'm so glad it went well!

Batter up!!

That's what focused in the outfield looks like!


Grandma and Grandpa Puckett gave them some new books; some good classics. Reading has been a highlight this summer. Joshua even finished a book in a day. It was impressive! I've also been impressed with them reading their Book of Mormon more! Way to go boys!

We started something new this summer, Zone Cards. It has made chores go so much smoother! They get 2 or 3 cards that take between 15 and 20 minutes each. Everything they need to do is on them so I don't have to do any explaining other than the first time. (which eliminates a lot of complaining:) ) I have to say I am so grateful for the Ruth Holland (a new friend from a blog I was reading) who taught me how to make them and use them.

Yard sales are so great! We found this fun new game for 2 bucks.

Yes, it's a lava lamp! One dollar baby! The boys have loved going to sleep watching it move all around!

What a treat for me... I finally got a swing for our backyard! It changes into a bed. They boys love to go out there and read, eat lunch and relax. It's AWESOME!!!


Here's an update on my peach tree! We found fruit! It is so exciting!

Grow baby, grow!!
5 comments:
Amy! I must know where you found your outdoor swing...I love it! Looks like you guys are off to a fun start for summer!
Karen Pew
ok... I want to feature you on my blog for the zone cards. Seriously a clever idea. Can you send me more info.. like what is on the cards exactly?
I wish I still had a summer vacation, sigh
Holy Cow!!
First off, I love your big huge umbrella and all the fun reading things you've been doing. The zone cards sound fabulous, way to go Peach Tree and oh so cute outdoor swing! It looks like you are having such a fun time so far... love garage sales. Wish I could go to them more often.
Oh, and Than, way to go with your in field home run! That is awesome!!!
Post a Comment