
I love the pixar short film Boundin'. It teaches such an important message in such a fun way. Well our little family has definitely had it's ups and downs like everyone. Our latest is the Flu, type B. A week ago today Joshua came home early from school with a really bad headache. I thought maybe he was getting a sinus infection, so I gave him a pain reliever and put him to bed. By the weekend he was worse and had a fever off and on. He was one miserable boy. I took him into the doctor Monday morning and he was tested for the flu. I didn't even know that they did that. His test was positive for type B. You can choose to have a flu vaccine every year (Type A) and we chose not to. You are required to have the HIB vaccine to go to school and both of my boys had them. The Flu Type B is prevented by having the HIB vaccine. Not sure where they were exposed to it but he got it anyway. By Thursday he was back to school. Well...last night Nathanael woke up with a fever of 102.9. Yep he got it. The doctor said today that the results were really red. He is super contagious right now. Poor guy! After watching Joshua go through it we know what's coming. Found out today that another little girl in our neighborhood has it too. What is going on??? I hope that it doesn't keep spreading! Here's to another weekend at home taking care of another cute little boy.
For good info go to http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/influenza/DS00081


5 comments:
I love the short film boundin'..it's my favorite...however, I am not in love with the sickness going around. Seeing your kids sick is so hard. :( I hope the they get better soon...very soon. :)
Oh, I love boundin' too! Also, we're getting the flu in our neighborhood as well. It's all around us, but we haven't gotten it.... YET. Thanks for the link. Here's hoping you all stay up from now on! :)
That's no fun! Thankfully we haven't had any of that around here (knock on wood)
Hope they get better, that doesn't sound like too much fun. McCalls been pretty sick this last week so we or at least she shares the pain.
How sad. I can't believe they both got it. You are such a good mom so maybe they are faking it so they can stay home with you. Tell them to get better fast and that their Aunt Marcia says Hi
Post a Comment